Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Stuffdates January

Recently I have jumping more into the digital band wagon and been searching out new techniques especially for 'Paint Tool SAI' My weapon of choice. The reason I like SAI is because it's very lightweight and simple. It's just a very basic painting program and doesn't try to be anything else. Also handles with low mem machines and tablets nicely. I do use Adobe Packages still, who doesn't? their awesome!

First up been looking at values with this old man. I took quite a while on this one, I did a lot of it in double resolution so when i scale it down it looks nice and sharp.


 This is one was blast from the past. This is the technique I used to use a lot in the old days. I feel it's a bit too rigid these days too tight and formulaic, which is not how I like to work anymore.

This is the direction, I've been into lately. Loose brushes and abusing overlay layer effect. Lots of room for experimentation so I will be having lots of fun with this.