Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Monday, 24 December 2012

Phil Kiddys Cover

Most recently finished is my cover for Jesse Perretts 'Phil kiddies' A spoof detective novel with surreal elements. I thoroughly enjoyed this project. My client really liked the final outcome though i was a little skeptical. He asked for a minimal cover with a figure (preferably the detective himself) he also wanted the inclusion of a canine side-kick.
This was my first mock.

And this is how it turned out in the end::


In the end I really wanted to express the street lamp look but not too obviously, I used a gradient for a subtle representation of this. For the figure I went for a hard shadow, I used some reference to get the shadows in the right place. The dog was a  merging of several reverence shots that I actually went out in the street and set up my self.