Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Friday, 7 December 2012

Koi No Yokan


Deftones, One of my oldest favourites have now released an album! Their seventh one so far. Its definitely different from the others. The overall feeling is darker and more solemn. As I listened to the other albums again getting back into the Deftones mood, I realised they are all similar obviously the same band, but also very different. Each album has its own sound, the way the instruments are played, or the theme of the lyrics. In this one the sound of Chino's voice is very different, clearer. There's also some really old drum loops I could hear in there.
I find this a great quality. In a lot bands I listen to they either go completely different, or exactly the same. It certainly hard to change your style and be recognizable that's what I appreciate most about Deftones, and why they will forever be one of my favourites. 
I think the best track has got to be 'Rosemary' great mix between calm and chaotic with a really nice bass line. Great to draw to as well.